WELCOME TO OUR CLASS!!!
(Remind Messages found at the right!)
*A list of helpful websites can be found right below this.*
I am very excited for the opportunity to get to know you and want you to feel free to contact me any time for questions, comments, or concerns at the contact form above.
This course is designed to prepare students for rigorous college preparatory high school mathematics courses. There is a wide variety of skills covered so it is imperative that students are focused and striving for excellence daily!
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Represent a linear function with a graph, table, rule, or context and create any representation when provided one of the others.
- Solve systems of equations by using tables and graphs.
- Symbolically manipulate expressions to solve problems including those with fractional coefficients.
- Solve contextual word problems using multiple strategies, including making tables, looking for patterns, drawing diagrams, and creating a table of guesses to assist with writing and solving a variable equation.
- Describe various geometric transformations on a coordinate grid.
- Represent data using scatter plots and describe associations.
Collect and analyze data and make predictions based on the trend of the data.
- Compare ratios and calculate unit rates and slope ratios.
- Analyze the slope of a line graphically, numerically, and contextually.
- Recognize and solve problems involving proportional relationships.
- Graph and analyze non-linear functions.
- Recognize and use the properties of similar figures to solve problems.
- Use the Pythagorean Theorem and its converse to solve problems in two and three dimensions.
- Use square roots and cube roots.
- Represent and simplify expressions using positive and negative exponents.
- Represent and compare large and small numbers using standard and scientific notation.
- Perform operations with numbers represented in scientific notation.
- Use the relationships between angles created by parallel lines with transversal and the Triangle Angle Sum Theorem to solve problems.
- Compute the volume of a variety of circular solids.
Let's have a great year!!!